Outwood Academy Freeston is privileged to be supported by the Foundation which provides the Academy and our students with financial support from funds endowed by our founder John Freeston on his death in 1594 and other benefactors. The Foundation helps our Academy to be a great place to learn and supports students (past and present), to be the best they can be.
The Normanton Freeston Foundation Directors
- Mr J Seed - Chairman
- Mrs J Pell - Vice Chairman
- Mr A M Taylor - Appointed by University College Oxford
- Mrs S E Blezard - Appointed by Wakefield MDC
- Mr B Thaler - Appointed by Wakefield MDC
- Mr K Wilson - Appointed by Normanton Town Council
- Mrs H E Hudson - Appointed by Normanton Town Council
- Mr B Mayne - Appointed by Normanton Town Council
- Mrs M Vasey - Appointed by Warmfield-cum-Heath Parish Council
- Mrs J Cliffe MBE - Appointed by Sharlston Parish Council
- Reverend Alan Murray - Appointed by existing Trustees
- Mr S A Patel - Appointed by University of Leeds
Each year the Foundation makes substantial financial contributions to large improvement projects and equipment to benefit the learning of all students, some of which include:
- Providing the Photography department with Cameras and other equipment
- Providing new equipment to the Science department
- Providing books and equipment to the Learning Resource Centre
- Providing a laser engraver to the DT Department
- Providing a new Projector for the assembly space
The Foundation also support students by:
- Funding prizes presented at our prestigious prize giving ceremonies to celebrate the success and achievement of students
- Providing a yearly school planner to encourage students to organise and take ownership of their education through independent and target orientated learning.
- Encouraging students to excel in the Arts by providing sketch books
- Providing financial rewards to students who achieve recognised qualifications and compete in music competitions and gradings
- Supporting achievement in Sport through student sponsorship and rewarding those who achieve coaching qualifications.
Ex-students who perform well in GCSE examinations or equivalent are awarded Leavers' Exhibition’ prizes. Students are eligible to apply for a Higher Education Award after completing a term on a University Degree course of at least three years duration. At present, this award is valued at £250. Law students who go on to qualify as a solicitor or a barrister can apply for a special prize awarded in memory of Keith Hill who was a former long serving Trustee.
Application forms can be downloaded below: