Theme 1: Investigating small business (*Paper code: 1BS0/01)
- Written examination: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- 50% of the qualification
- 90 marks
- Topic 1.1 Enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Topic 1.2 Spotting a business opportunity
- Topic 1.3 Putting a business idea into practice
- Topic 1.4 Making the business effective
- Topic 1.5 Understanding external influences on business
The paper is divided into three sections:
- Section A: 35 marks
- Section B: 30 marks
- Section C: 25 marks
The paper will consist of calculations, multiple-choice, short-answer and extended-writing questions.
questions in Sections B and C will be based on business contexts given in the paper.
Calculators may be used in the examination.